Welcome and Kia ora,
Ruakākā School is a place where the emphasis is on providing a holistic programme in an environment that stimulates and challenges our children both physically and academically. The school culture we provide, caters for the emotional, social, physical and spiritual needs of our children.
We are a school that is moving forward and we are excited by the challenges that this brings. Over recent years, we have completed several building projects which have provided modern learning environments plus flexibility of programmes. Feel free to pop in and have a look at our modernised facilities.
There is a strong partnership between parents and caregivers and the local community which we certainly encourage. If you have any concerns about your child throughout the year, please come in and see us about them. There is also the opportunity to be involved with parent help and as a member of our Support Group.
Some ways you can support the school in providing an effective learning environment for us all are:
- Giving your children time to share their day when they get home.
- Asking them about the good things that happened.
- Discussing any concerns with them and help them work out a solution if possible.
- Checking if they have homework and setting aside time to help them.
- Keeping in contact with the school and getting involved.
- Letting us know when you are pleased about things that are happening at school—we need positive feedback too!
I hope this will be the school you will all remember fondly in years to come.
We hope you find this website useful and informative. If you have any other queries which are not covered on this website, please don’t hesitate to come and ask.
We look forward to working closely with you and your children in the most important time of their lives.